FAQRegisterLogin

Game of Thrones LARP (take 2)

Current and upcoming one-shots & limited engagement events.

Game of Thrones LARP (take 2)

Postby Evil John on Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:50 pm

I plan on taking another stab at running the Game of Thrones LARP at this coming ICON. It has a lot more support this year and we hope it will have a large draw because it will be running around the time the new HBO show starts.

To prep for this I'll be running a one shot here in NY to test the system on Saturday, November 13.

The test game game will be on a smaller scale than the ICON game, and people will be playing pregenerated characters of minor houses from the Stormlands (Baratheon territory). With that in mind feel free to email me archetypes that you would like to play, and we will try to be accommodating. General archetypes would work better than houses or classes. For example 'a rebellious drunkin heir' or a 'cunning manipulator' rather than "House Stark Ranger, with an albino eagle' or something like that. Even if you don't care what you play please drop me a line if you are interested, so I can make sure to have a character for you. If you do have your heart set on something more specific or another house by all means send it to me for the ICON game where I can be a bit more collaborative. The more time I have to work a character in the better (You can refer to the previous post for more information about the ICON game) If you don't have it, my email is mozenrath666@hotmail.com, or contact me on facebook, or this forum.

The game is going to be a test run, so any critics of the system or suggestions will be very welcomed.
Evil John

Re: Game of Thrones LARP (take 2)

Postby childdoll on Wed Oct 13, 2010 1:15 pm

For those of you unfamilar with A Game of Thrones, here are a few resources to check out:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Song_of_Ice_and_Fire
http://www.towerofthehand.com/
http://www.westeros.org/
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_of_A ... e_and_Fire

It's a great setting and you certainly do not have to be familar with the setting nor the series in order to come and have fun, so we hope you will join us.

~ Crystal
childdoll

Postby childdoll on Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:05 pm

Here is all the info for the Game of Thrones one shot LARP:

When: Saturday Nov. 13th, 7pm-midnight
Where: CSV Cultural Center, 107 Suffolk Street at Rivington. Look here for directions: http://csvcenter.com/2005/directions.htm

Setting: The Stormlands is ruled over by House Baratheon, a major influential family under the kingdom of Westeros’s ruling family, House Targaryen. Head of House Baratheon, Osmond Baratheon, is known for his militant policies and brash attitude. While he has made great progress in keeping the Stormlands safe from bandits, his often unruly behavior has caused him and the Stormlands to be poorly regarded by many of the other houses in Westeros, resulting in poor diplomatic relations with neighboring regions. The bannermen under House Baratheon are split with some favoring the militant prowess to keep the land free from enemies, while others are concerned that Osmond Baratheon’s arrogant ways will eventually lead to political suicide.

In the midst of this internal conflict, Lord Hendrick Estermont has decided to throw party inviting his fellow bannermen to attend. Some wonder if this is the start of some secret coo, while others believe he may be attempting to ease the tension between the minor houses , though most assume he is simply trying to seek potential suitors for his daughter. Whatever the case, it is sure to be a lively party. Will you attend?
--------------------------------------
Again, characters will be pre-generated, but if there is a certain type you are interested in playing, please drop myself or John a line and we'll see what we can do.
We hope to see you all there.

~ Crystal
childdoll

Postby Evil John on Fri Nov 12, 2010 8:12 am

Thank you for everyone who did respond. All the characters for the game are mostly done and late editions will be made tonight. We will have some overflow characters made, but a lot of people have said they may bring a friend or 4. This is fine but the more of a head count we have, the better. If a lot of extra people show up we may not be able to accommodate everyone, so as much advance warning as possible is appreciated.
Evil John

Postby childdoll on Mon Nov 15, 2010 9:54 am

John and I wanted to extend a huge thank you to those who were able to make it out to the game.
We hope you all had as much fun as well did.
It was so nice to see old faces as well as new ones.
We hope you all get the chance to play again in the ICON game.

Much Love,
Crystal & John
childdoll

Return to One-Shots